Company Name: SWCA Environmental Consultants
Position Title: Cultural Resources Technician – On Call
Location: Phoenix, Arizona 85012 United States
Salary: $18.00 – $20.00 an hour
SWCA’s Environmental Consultants is seeking archaeological technicians to join our Phoenix office. Hiring will be for temporary/on-call positions to assist with upcoming cultural resources management work across Arizona. Successful candidates will assist with conducting archaeological fieldwork (including pedestrian survey, site identification, site recording / data collection, monitoring and data recovery excavations) to support our Phoenix office. There may also be opportunities to support our other AZ offices as the need arises. We offer a unique work environment specializing in delivering natural and cultural resources services across Arizona and beyond. Consideration for full-time employment will be extended to successful candidates, contingent upon performance and office needs.
To be considered, please submit a cover letter along with contact information for professional references.
- Conduct fieldwork for long hours in various environments including, but not limited to, extreme temperatures, inclement weather, and rugged terrain.
- Carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Available for local projects and fieldwork requiring extended travel (staying in a hotel or camping for up to 8 days at a time).
- Accurately identify historic and prehistoric artifacts and features.
- Assist with cultural resource records searches, laboratory analysis tasks, and other office work, as needed.
- Work independently in a responsible manner.
- Work as a productive member of a team and follow the direction of the field supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Anthropology, Archaeology, or a related field.
- Prior experience in CRM can substitute.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, the ability to pass a Motor Vehicle background screening, and have access to reliable transportation.
- Completed an archaeology Field School focusing on North American archaeological methods and cultural resources management.
- Previous experience conducting archaeological fieldwork for CRM firms in the southwest.
- Experience collecting field data utilizing modern mobile technology (tablets, bluetooth GPS receivers, mobile software).
- CPR and First Aid certified.
Why Work at SWCA?
At SWCA our mission is to partner with clients to help them achieve their goals through the application of Sound Science and Creative Solutions. Our purpose is to preserve natural and cultural resources for tomorrow while enabling projects that benefit people today.
We are one company working collaboratively to deliver Sound Science and Creative Solutions to our clients. Our greatest opportunity for success lies in our ability to bring the best team to every project. We believe every person has something to contribute – unique skills, new ideas, fresh perspectives, and diverse backgrounds. Working together, we’re able to have a greater impact in our communities, within our company, and for our clients.
At SWCA, we are driven to learn and improve our work and ourselves. We are always expanding our knowledge base, asking important questions, finding innovative approaches, and leveraging our collective expertise on every project.
Good is never good enough. We set the bar high because we have the best experts in the industry who make performance a top priority.
We promote a culture of giving at SWCA. Across the company, we give back to employees in need, to the communities in which we work, live, and play, and to the environment.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
This position is eligible for our wellness paid time off, employee assistance program and wellness program activities.