Company Name: SWCA Environmental Consultants
Position Title: Cultural Resources Technician
Location: Austin, TX 78749 US
Do you thrive in the pursuit of ensuring excellence in environmental consulting services for your clients? SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work. SWCA’s Austin, TX office offers a unique work environment and a diversified client-base, including generation / renewables, transportation, water infrastructure, oil and gas, and land development. Your role will be to assist the crew chiefs and field directors on a variety of projects throughout Central and South Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas.
Looking for technicians for 2 large ongoing projects:
- A pipeline pedestrian survey with shovel testing, may be based in Central Texas, west-Central Texas, and/or Southeast Texas. May move locations during work weeks (paid). The schedule is 6 on, 1 (Sunday) off, and it’s between 8-12 hour days averaging 10 hour days. $59/day per diem, including on the off day. Hotel is paid by company, including the off day. Will work two 6-1 sessions and then a week off, during which time we can try and find other short project work.
- Data recovery excavations for a reservoir project in northeast Texas. This project involves digging 1×1 m or larger units at one of several different archaeological sites and collecting the soil in buckets for off-site water screening. This project works on a 10-day schedule, with the session beginning on a Monday and ending the following Wednesday. The Monday and following Wednesday are travel only days, so they will be shorter. Per diem is $59 on the 8 full days of work, and less on the travel days.
There are may also be an option to rotate between these two projects to be able to have experience on both.
In addition to those, we have various smaller-midsize survey projects in Texas and also sometimes Oklahoma and Arkansas. These are a mix of highway projects, small infrastructure projects, and clean energy projects. Details would vary on these depending on the size of the project and the client (i.e. jobs for state agencies have receipt-based per diem with a maximum of $59/day, reimbursed, rather than the flat rate).
Start dates are 16 May 2022 (and ongoing); end date through October 2022. Additional projects are expected afterwards.
Compensation and Schedule: $18.00 – $20.00 an hour. Compensation is based on experience.
Company vehicles provided. Mileage reimbursement is provided for work-related use of personal vehicles.
Positions will be filled as soon as qualified applicants are identified.
- Conduct archaeological fieldwork including monitoring, survey, testing, and data recovery.
- Assist with mapping responsibilities in the field, including collection of GPS data using Trimble units.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field.
- An accredited Field School Certification.
- Field experience with a wide range of field methodologies, including archaeological survey, testing, excavation, methodology and monitoring.
- Survey 123 or Arc Collector software experience.
- Current valid driver’s license and ability to pass a motor vehicle record screening.
- Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather (including extreme heat and humidity), and rugged terrain
- Ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to work variable fieldwork schedules including 6 on /1 off and 10 on /4 off
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
This position is eligible for our wellness paid time off, employee assistance program and wellness program activities.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/b7xBzyC46GXaVtLgKUeVgM