Quality Services, Inc., Rapid City, South Dakota is hiring seasonal field archeologists and paleontologists for inventory, site evaluation, and excavation. Most of the work will be on a transmission line project in southeast Montana and southwest North Dakota. This project includes tribal participation.
The schedule includes 10 hour workdays, six days per week, with overtime pay. Pay rate varies depending on experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities; starting at $19.00 (first 40 hours) to $28.50 (overtime rate) per hour, with no experience. Wages/salary increase commensurate with your education, credentials, experience, and industry standards. Per diem and lodging provided.
Skills highly desirable in potential employees include:
- Common sense and ability to assess a situation and draw reasonable conclusions;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Knowledge and implementation of appropriate safety practices.
- Excellent technical and grammatical writing skills and reading comprehension.
- Trimble GPS equipment;
- Knowledge of maps and map reading.
- Valid driver’s license.
To apply submit your detailed vita, driver’s license copy, writing samples (site forms, reports, articles, maps, or other relevant documents) and references to firstname.lastname@example.org