Salary Range: $25-30 per hour
We are a global leader in environmental consulting – made stronger with the recent acquisition of Golder – with world-class expertise in environmental, social and governance (ESG), climate resiliency & sustainability (CRS), and earth sciences. Combined we have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from across the globe.
WSP is currently initiating a search for an Archaeologist for our Kansas City, Missouri office. The following locations will also be considered: St. Louis, MO; Detroit, MI; Cincinnati, OH; Chicago, IL; and Minneapolis, MN. Be involved in projects with our Heritage & Cultural Resources practice, as part of our Earth & Environment Team, and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
- Able to direct field teams on archaeological surveys and excavations.
- Comfortable interacting with clients, landowners, contractors, and others.
- Skilled in technical report writing
- Experience working with tribal monitors and representatives.
- Versed in heritage and cultural resource state and federal regulations.
- Work with cross-functional teams in executing project work.
- Complete training on assigned tasks.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, historic preservation, or a related field.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant post-education experience working in the context of Section 106/110 compliance.
- 1 to 3 years experience in CRM archaeology, preferably in the Midwest.
- Ability to travel and work on short notice is necessary, as additional opportunities to work in other states is possible.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to a scientific and non-scientific audience.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- Basic proficiency with business writing, office automation and communication software, technology, and tools.
- Capable self-leadership with attention to detail, multi-tasking, and prioritization of responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team to meet business objectives.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- Travel will be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- Master’s degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, historic preservation, or a related field; Ph.D. preferred.
- 3 years professional experience in the heritage industry.
- Travel Required: 50%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: KANSAS CITY – WYANDOTTE ST
- All locations: US-IL-Chicago, US-MI-Detroit, US-MN-Minneapolis, US-MO-St Louis, US-OH-Cincinnati
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a flexible, agile and hybrid workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Apply Here: Requisition #6061
Applicants can contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.