Company Name: Cogstone Resource Management
Position Title: Cultural Resources Technician/Monitor
Location: California Central Coast: Monterey, San Luis Obispo, Santa Cruz, and Santa Barbara Counties
Salary Range: $20.00 – $25.00/Per Hour
Cogstone Resource Management is looking for cultural resources technicians/monitors to complete monitoring for ongoing projects near the California Central Coast. Pay rate ranges from $20/hr to $25/hr depending on years of experience. Preference will be given to local individuals.
- Conduct, construction monitoring, pre-field research and field surveys, and site testing
- Search areas of proposed projects for evidence of historic, paleontological, and prehistoric remains
- Determine exact location of sites and mark them on maps and aerial photographs
- Ensure that work assignments are carried out in a safe and timely manner according to established standards and procedures
- Clean and catalog artifacts
- Stand for up to ten hours, although most projects work eight hour days
- California experience
- BA or BS in Anthropology, Geology or a closely related field.
- Able to conduct field work for long hours, in possible inclement weather conditions and the ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds
- Applicant must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, with reliable transportation
- Confident in the construction environment
- Proficient in use of tablets and standard office software
- Produce excellent field notes
- Capable of working independently with a diverse, multi-disciplinary team
- Self-motivated with strong initiative
Please use the following link to apply for the open position in Central California.