Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
We are currently accepting applications for on-call Archaeological Field Directors/Crew Chiefs and Field Technicians for Projects in northern and southern California regions (e.g., Tehama, Colusa, Sacramento, Kern, Fresno, Orange, San Bernardino, Imperial, Riverside, etc.). These are part time temporary hourly positions and hours may vary depending on project-specific workload. Pay rate will be based on individual qualifications, experience, and assigned project role.
Selected applicants will conduct archaeological fieldwork including monitoring, survey, testing, and data recovery under the supervision of Field Directors and/or Principal Investigators. Applicants must be able to perform all field tasks associated with archaeological site recording, post-field site form completion, and digital photography. Staff will be expected to assist with mapping cultural resources in the field, including collection of GPS data using Trimble units, digital photography, and recording resources on appropriate state forms and Google Nexus tablets.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- A Master’s Degree in anthropology or closely related field is required, and/or
- A Bachelor’s Degree in anthropology or a closely related field is required
- Completed an archaeology field school
- At least 1-3 years of experience in CRM and/or some supervisory experience on archeological projects
- Some experience with large-scale cultural resource projects in California
- Experience working with federal (i.e. Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, etc.) and state agencies and conducting CRM work on federal, state, private, and tribal lands.
- Experience with a wide range of field methodologies, including survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring throughout California
- Experience with GPS (Trimble) units, TerraSync, Tablets, ArcGIS, and other computer-based programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Attention to detail a must
- Strong writing and editing skills with ability to complete cultural resource forms/documents in a timely manner
- Prepared to travel throughout California or in any of the western states for prolonged field work
- Ability to conduct fieldwork carrying gear (35 lbs.+) up to 10 miles per day for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, remote locations, and rugged terrain
- Experience with the identification of a variety of prehistoric and historic resource types, flora, faunal, and human remains identification
- Self-motivated, respectful of others, positive, energetic, and ability to work and participate in a team environment
- Current valid driver’s license and the ability to safely operate a 4wd vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads
- First Aid training
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com, follow us on Twitter (@TetraTech or like us on Facebook. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability – No calls or agencies