At Westland, we are each driven by our own purposes and aspirations. We are encouraged to develop
our own unique skills while also growing our business. For some, it’s envisioning the lives of tribal
ancestors as told by the artifacts uncovered on their lands. For others, there’s no greater meaning than
being in the field collecting data on flora or fauna. For our engineers and architects, it may be the pride
in seeing a design come to life or solving a complex problem while navigating the complexities of
environmental and permitting requirements. What unites us all, however, is our commitment to our
clients and to each other.
As a100% employee-owned company with over 200 employees across 4 states, Westland is large
enough to provide a wide range of opportunities for career growth yet nimble enough for you to forge a
unique business and professional path. We pride ourselves on an inclusive environment where talented
and creative individuals work together on unique and inspiring projects, bringing innovative solutions to
our clients. Make a difference with us at WestLand!
WestLand seeking a Discipline Lead, Cultural Resources to join our team. This senior level position can
be based out of any of WestLand’s Offices in Nevada, Oregon, Washington, or Arizona and will be
responsible to help lead and develop WestLand’s overarching Cultural Resources programs. Are you a
dynamic Cultural Resources expert with a passion for helping teams reach their fullest potential?
WestLand would love to hear from you!
What will I be doing?
• Provide Cultural Resource guidance and leadership to the company
• Engage in business development activities
• Departmental and corporate strategic planning
• Help source and identify external talent
• Mentoring cultural resource professionals at all levels of the organization
• Develop and implement SOPs and training
• As-needed project management support
What qualifications are required for this role?
• Master’s degree in anthropology with a concentration in archaeology.
• A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience with, and demonstrated expertise in cultural
permitting projects, with an emphasis in the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA)).
Experience with permitting processes specific to western states a plus.
• A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a supervisory or leadership capacity.
• Experience in developing technical and cost proposals for a range of cultural resources projects.
• Experience in mining, power transmission, and tribal projects a plus.
• Ability to foster relationships with a range of diverse employees, clients, federal state and local
agencies, and professional organizations.
• Effective organizational skills.
• Exemplary communication skills (written and oral).
What does WestLand offer you?
• Industry leading compensation and benefits plans that are designed to help meet your needs.
Flexible work schedules and remote/hybrid options are available for most roles and your years
of industry experience are recognized when calculating your PTO.
• A multidisciplinary environment where projects are unique, creative, and challenging! A place
where you can develop your own vision of clientele and projects, and where you get to work
with our industry leaders daily!
• An environment where you are set up for success! With two-way mentorship, financial
incentives to publish your work, and tuition reimbursement for ongoing educational support, we
have you covered! In addition, WestLand has developed a career-path structure to assist you in
reaching those next steps in your career!
• An opportunity to be an employee/owner of a company that cares about our people, our
communities, and our future. WestLand has a longstanding history of working with local
government and tribes to provide respectful cultural and environmental services to our clients.
• A collaborative work environment where information and ideas are shared across teams.
Communication is clear and comes often. And our diversity of people and cultures means
everyone always feels welcome at WestLand!
Westland is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin,
disability, or veteran status. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment
substance abuse testing.
Resumes submitted by a recruiting/staffing agency without current/valid vendor agreement will become
property of WestLand. Any recruiting/staffing agency wishing to do business with WestLand must
contact the Human Resources Department through our website. Recruiting/staffing agents may NOT
contact hiring managers directly. Firms that do not honor this request will be removed from
Salary is $120K to $170K depending on experience.