Landhawk Consulting LLC
Part time with Potential for Full time
Remote – based in Texas
· $30 to $36 per hour for Junior Principal Investigators and $37 to $43 per hour for Senior Principal Investigators
· 15 days paid vacation, sick time (up to 40 hours annually), and 11 paid holidays
· Retirement plan with employee match
Landhawk Consulting LLC is looking for a motivated senior archeologist to lead and develop our cultural resources management division. Landhawk, an environmental consulting firm, was founded in 2012 and is a remote first team with the majority of the team located in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas.
· Serve as Principal Investigator
· Supervising and mentoring cultural resources staff both during field and office work.
· Technical report writing, including archeological survey reports and background studies
· Leading in proposal efforts, marketing, developing and managing clients
· Obtaining and managing Antiquities permits from the Texas Historical Commission, with no defaulted permits. Managing and conducting archeological fieldwork investigations (Phase I, II, and III).
Minimum qualifications and experience include:
– Master’s degree in archeology, anthropology or related field
– Must meet the Secretary of Interior professional qualification standards in archeology
– TxDOT experience and ability to meet the standards of the 2.10.1 pre-certification
– Minimum of 5 years of professional experience, including supervising projects in Texas
– Willingness and desire to mentor less experienced archeologists
– Experience in preparing project proposals and cost estimates for all phases of archeological investigations
– Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time, especially in and around south Texas.
– Knowledge of state and federal antiquities laws and regulations
– Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects, short deadlines and conflicting priorities
– Proficient in MS Office Suite
– Interest and ability in marketing, business development, client management and proposal efforts
– Experience in utilizing GPS and ability to interpret GIS data
– Ability to work in various terrains and weather conditions, including high temperatures and very high humidity.
Certification: Register of Professional Archaeologists (RPA) would be preferably or ability to obtain within a year or two
Qualified candidates can email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Landhawk Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.