In Situ Archaeological Consulting, LLC, is a minority-owned business that provides cultural resource management services to the Midwest. We are now accepting resumes/CVs for immediate, temporary, project-based Archaeological Field Technicians for a variety of projects in multiple locations (Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, and Wisconsin). The ideal candidate will be local to the Twin Cities Metro Area (or nearby). The rate of pay will range from $18 to $21 per hour, depending on experience. Some projects will include a per diem allowance up to $60 per day, lodging is provided on extended projects. Field sessions are scheduled in advance. We currently have sessions beginning in August 2022 and throughout 2022.
ARCHAEOLOGICAL FIELD TECHNICIAN
-Bachelor’s Degree in Anthropology, Archaeology, or related field;
-University-based archaeological field school and/or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience;
– Knowledge and understanding of equipment and technology used to record archaeological field data
– Knowledge of basic field excavation techniques; knowledge of basic archaeological laboratory techniques
– Project-specific certification and licensure may be required, if applicable;
– Prefer 1 to 3 years’ experience in a similar capacity conducting field work;
-This is an entry-level position. An archaeological field technician performs unskilled and semi- skilled tasks at archaeological field sites under the direct supervision of a Crew Chief, Field Director or Principal Investigator:
The responsibilities and duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
– Conduct survey, testing, data recovery and/or lab work with supervision from a field or lab supervisor;
– Keep records and maintain the relevant State Historic Preservation Officer documentation pertaining to archaeological resources;
– Provide regulatory compliance support for Federal, state, municipal and/or commercial clients;
– Perform fieldwork such as test unit excavation, controlled surface collection, feature excavation, GPS data collection, and artifact recovery;
– Perform archaeological documentation such as completing field excavation forms and artifact bag lists, producing field drawings and maps, taking photographs, and recording GPS data;
– Provide logistical support to field supervisors (assembles and maintains equipment, organizes supplies and paperwork, etc.);
– Perform lab work such as artifact washing, artifact labeling, and data entry;
– Comply with all In Situ safety standards to ensure a safe work environment for all;
– Work with technical field, lab and office staff, managers and administrative staff to ensure that projects meet In Situ quality standards
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
-Extensive manual labor including excavation with shovels, bending, kneeling, standing, and lifting and carrying objects weighing 50 lbs.
-Must have tolerance for working in outdoor environments, including prolonged walking or standing on various terrains in a wide range of weather conditions.
-Must be able to be in the field for weeks at a time.
-Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
If interested, please send resumes/CVs and Cover Letter to Abraham Ledezma at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out our website at www.insitucrm.com