Far Western Anthropological Research Group, Inc.
About Far Western
Founded in 1979, Far Western Anthropological Research Group is one of the largest and most respected cultural resource management (CRM) firms in the United States. We take pride in guiding private and government clients through the cultural resources compliance process with high-quality archaeological research, creative and innovative problem-solving, and open communication with native peoples, regulatory agencies, and the interested public.
Far Western’s Henderson office is seeking southern Nevada and southern California- based archaeological technicians for a few large and on-going military base surveys near China Lake and Twentynine Palms, running from late August/September through the Fall/Winter 2022.
Compensation & Project Details
· Pay $29.24/hr ($24.64 (Arch Tech I) + $4.60 (H&W rate)
· Mileage reimbursement is not available on this project
· Lodging is arranged by Far Western.
· Meal/incidentals per diem of $46 and is paid at the conclusion of each field rotation
· A bachelor’s degree or higher in anthropology/archaeology (or related field).
· Field school or commensurate CRM experience (e.g., survey, precontact and historic-era site identification/documentation/data collection, excavation, and familiarity with common electronic devices and hand-held tools).
· Previous archaeological experience working in the Mojave Desert or Great Basin preferred.
· Willingness to commit to multiple fieldwork rotations.
· Interest in and expertise with precontact and historic-era artifact and feature recordation.
· Detail-oriented with the ability to adapt to varying data collection needs, field methods/pace, and dynamic project needs.
· Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with co-workers, both verbally and in writing.
· Interest in and ability to collaboratively interact with clients, and co-workers.
· Ability to comfortably hike for up to 10 consecutive days in dry heat and variable weather conditions.
· Must possess a valid United States driver’s license with a REAL ID endorsement as well as another form of Federal identification (e.g., social security card or passport).
· Candidate must not have felonies on their record or outstanding warrants.
· Must be able to carry four liters of water for personal use over long distances (up to 15 miles) over rugged terrain in addition to regular field gear (e.g., crew electronic equipment, paperwork, pin flags, personal food, etc.).
· Ability to work both collaboratively and independently within Far Western’s Safety Program and other Far Western protocols, COVID-19 and otherwise.
· Note: A mandatory pre-field safety and badging training may be required prior to fieldwork.
Interested applicants, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
· A Word/pdf file of CV/resume.
· At least two references from agency/CRM/academic contacts in the last five years.
· Your current base location (city/state)
· Your earliest project availability.
Check out Far Western’s website and feel free to link up with us on social media: