Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Tetra Tech’s commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. We are currently accepting applications for on-call Archaeological Field Technicians and Crew Chief for Projects throughout California regions (northern, central, southern).
This is an hourly, on-call position and hours may vary depending on project-specific workload. The preferred candidates will be residents of the region. Applicants should be available to travel to project sites in California as necessary for fieldwork duties. Prior work experience in the region is required. Projects will primarily be renewable energy-related, but additional types of projects throughout the US are a possibility. Pay rate will range between $20 to $28 per hour and will be based on individual qualifications, experience, and assigned project role. Travel expenses are reimbursed per project (e.g., lodging, meals/incidentals, travel, etc.). Lodging is single occupancy.
Selected applicants will conduct various types of archaeological fieldwork such as cultural resource monitoring, field survey, testing, and data recovery under the supervision of Field Directors and/or Principal Investigators. Staff will be expected to work as a team and assist with mapping cultural resources in the field, including collection of GPS data using Trimble units or tablets, digital photography, and identifying and recording artifacts, features, and resources on appropriate state site forms.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in anthropology or a closely related field is required.
· Completed an archaeology field school.
· At least 1-3 years of experience in CRM.
· Experience with a wide range of field methodologies, including survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring.
· Experience with GPS (Trimble; Bluetooth with tablets) units, TerraSync, ArcGIS, and other computer-based programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Attention to detail a must.
· Strong writing and editing skills with ability to complete field and post field cultural resource site or testing/excavation forms/documents in a timely manner.
· Prepared to travel throughout California, or Pacific Northwest, or Intermountain region for prolonged field work.
· Experience with the identification and documentation of a variety of pre-contact and historic material resource types, and flora and fauna. .
· Self-motivated, respectful of others, positive, energetic, and ability to work and participate in a team environment.
· Current valid driver’s license and the ability to safely operate a 4wd vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads.
· First Aid training.
· Please indicate in your application if you have previously been listed as a crew chief or field director on any federal, state, or local government permits.
· A Pre-employment drug screen in compliance with state regulations is required.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record without restrictions.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
· Has ability to perform bending, kneeling, standing, and lifting and carrying objects weighing 35 lbs. and have a tolerance for working in outdoor environments, including prolonged walking or standing on various terrain in a wide range of weather conditions.
· Performs manual labor including excavation with shovels.
· Availability to work extended field rotations from 5 to 10 days at a time.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities as well as project requirements.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on. At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.