Heritage Consultants, LLC, a Connecticut-based cultural resource management company, is seeking applicants for the position of full time, permanent Historian who will be responsible for researching and composing historical chapters for use in archaeological and architectural history reports related to investigations conducted throughout New England and New York. The Historian will work closely with staff members from other departments, including our GIS and Project Management Departments, to compile reports that will be submitted to clients, as well as governing bodies and agencies.
Specific duties associated with the position will include:
- Researching local and regional histories
- Analyzing historical maps and aerial photographs
- Composing short essays of findings
Qualified candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in History, Public History, or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in cultural resource management preferred
· Superior writing, editing, and grammar skills
- Ability to handle time-sensitive or time-critical requests
- Ability to prioritize workloads to meet multiple project schedules and deadlines
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a Project Team
- Familiarity with Society of American Antiquity style guide
Please send a cover letter (in PDF or Word format) outlining your qualifications, a copy of your resume/CV, a writing sample, contact information for at least two references, and a date of availability to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Starting pay is commensurate with experience and is very competitive for the region. The position comes with a generous health insurance package that includes vision and dental coverage, as well as paid time off for holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
Heritage Consultants is an equal opportunity employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Additional info: $22 per hour