Associate Project Archaeologist
Click HERE to apply
About the opportunity
Do you thrive in the pursuit of ensuring excellence in environmental consulting services for your clients? SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking an Associate Project Archaeologist for our Bismarck, ND office. Under the supervision of a Project Manager, an Associate Project Archaeologist performs field and office tasks while working with and supervising crew members. This position will primarily be office-based, with some fieldwork required. This is a regular, full-time, salaried position that will report to a Project Manager.
Our Vision (the North Star): Help drive SWCA to be the best workplace and industry leader in sustainability, bringing sound science and creative solutions to global environmental challenges while maintaining a dedication to employee-ownership.
Core Values: We are #OneSWCA and collaborate across all our offices, programs, and disciplines. We are #AlwaysLearning, we #NeverSettle and we #GiveBack. We are 100% employee-owned, and we build our success together. It is imperative for the successful candidate to fit SWCA’s unique culture. Do you appreciate sustainability and environmental awareness? Is giving back to your community a priority? SWCA is a team of scientists, planners, technical experts, and corporate services professionals that are committed to our culture.
Purpose: Our company purpose is to preserve natural and cultural resources for tomorrow while enabling projects that benefit people today. You are invited to be a part of our success story.
What you will accomplish
Manage all aspects of projects, including fieldwork, research, and report writing, with responsibility for successful on-time and on-budget completion of projects. Take leadership in business development and marketing. Coordinate productively with clients and agency representatives. Supervise, direct, and instruct personnel in the field and in the office. Conduct and oversee fieldwork, including inventory, data recovery, and monitoring. Conduct and oversee laboratory analysis and office-based research. Prepare proposals and technical documents.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or related field
- Minimum of Five (5) years of experience in Cultural Resource Management
- Advanced skills and knowledge in one or more specialty areas within archaeology (prehistoric or historic)
- Primary report authorship in a CRM context and experience providing quality control review of field documents, site forms and reports
- Experience working on a variety of project types and sizes, on all project aspects (from pre-field tasks through final report preparation), in multiple regions, and with a variety of regulatory agencies
- Experience managing projects or tasks from larger projects
- Eligibility for BLM and State permits in North Dakota
- Work experience in North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota and the surrounding states
- Experience leading large field crews preferred
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Additional information: FT/Reg $26-$33 / Hr