DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR FORCE
Department of the Air Force – Agency Wide
Air Force Technical Applications Center/ Historian
Open & closing dates
08/19/2022 to 08/25/2022
$79,917 – $103,896 per year
Pay scale & grade
Patrick AFB, FL
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed
Job family (Series)
Position sensitivity and risk
Special-Sensitive (SS)/High Risk
Trust determination process
This job is open to
How you will be evaluated
How to Apply
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
The COVID-19 vaccination requirement for federal employees pursuant to Executive Order 14043 does not currently apply. Some jobs, however, may be subject to agency- or job-specific vaccination requirements, so please review the job announcement for details. Click here for more information.
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
The primary purpose of this position: Serve as historian at a large, multi-facet Air Force installation, center, or similar self-contained organization that services rapidly evolving high-tech and/or administrative units and tenants.
*** Salary ranges includes local market supplements ***
The organizational location of this position is: Air Combat Command, Sixteenth Air Force, Air Force Technical Applications Center, Historian, Patrick SFB FL.
Learn more about this agency
This job is open to
U.S. Citizens, Nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
- Conducts research and writes installation/center history. Develops history projects to increase understanding of the past and aid present and future planning.
- Creates special studies and other historical products. Supplies specialized historical information and data to the installation/center commander and staff, other Air Force and government agencies, and other authorized individuals in support of Air Force positions on matters of congressional and legal interest.
- Serves as authoritative advisor, responds to queries, and conducts outreach. Acts as an authoritative advisor to staff offices, unit historians, and other installation activities in the review of history reports and prepares comments and suggestions which serve as formal guidance.
- Presents lectures, participates in seminars, and conducts staff visits. Prepares and presents lectures at various professional seminars and conferences of military historians on historiography.
- Protects classified material. Ensures that all physical, industrial, information, and personnel security procedures are adhered to throughout the performance of all assigned duties.