Heritage Consultants, LLC is seeking Full Time Field Archaeologists. Come join our team of archaeologists on upcoming projects work throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and New York. Our company has a backlog of fieldwork that will last at least until the end of this year. Fieldwork will include Pedestrian Surveys, Phase I Surveys, Phase II Testing Projects, and Phase III Data Recovery Projects for a variety of different client types. We are seeking people committed to archaeology and growing their career in a friendly and always busy atmosphere.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related field;
- Completed an accredited archaeological field school;
- Experience performing archaeological survey and excavation;
- Ability to work in diverse terrain that will involves hiking to and from project areas;
- Ability to work well with others and be a proactive part of a project team;
- Good note taking skills;
- A valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation;
- Ability to operate GPS units and navigate using USGS maps/aerial photography is a plus but required preferred.
Please send a cover letter (in PDF or WORD format) that presents your field experience, including any in New England or New York; a copy of your resume/CV, contact information for at least of two references; and a date of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com.
Starting pay ranges from $18 to $20 per hour depending upon experience. Per diem of $40 per day is standard but may be more depending on the project; no receipts area required. Mileage reimbursements are offered and single occupancy hotel rooms are the standard. Hotels also will be offered on Sunday evenings for appropriate candidates.
Heritage Consultants, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.