Heritage Consultants, LLC is seeking a Full Time Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialist in its Berlin, Connecticut office. The successful candidate will assist in developing, updating, analyzing, and managing GIS data for a wide variety of archaeological/historical projects throughout New England and New York. The GIS Specialist will work closely with Principal Investigators, Project Archaeologists, Architectural Historians, Historians, and Field Personnel to deliver GIS data and GIS services to our clients, with a strong emphasis on teamwork, customer commitment, and continuous improvement. The candidate will join an experienced department of other GIS specialists.
- Provide GIS support on company’s numerous ongoing archaeological, historical, and architectural history projects;
- Coordinate with Principal Investigators, Project Archaeologists, Architectural Historians, Historians, and Field Personnel to prepare project mapping for fieldwork, including ESRI’s Field Maps application;
- Process ESRI Field Maps data for use in project, preparation, reporting, and public outreach efforts;
- Coordinate with Senior Management to complete tasks and maintain schedules for multiple simultaneous projects throughout New England and New York;
- Participate in a team atmosphere to ensure that projects are completed on time and on budget following company standards;
- Utilize various software packages and information from other sources (MS Access databases, MS Excel spreadsheets and documents such as deeds, field notes etc.) to create GIS maps to support field personnel and project team members;
- Assist with digital feature extraction from multiple data sources;
- Assist management in ongoing GIS system needs and requirements to implement improved work methods;
- Assist in the creation and updating existing and new GIS maps and map layers and GPS data edition/representation using ArcGIS in support of field surveys
• B.A./B.S. in Anthropology, Geography, or related field and a minimum of 2 years experience in the application of GIS technology/analysis.
• Satisfactory experience with ArcGIS and a familiarity with other spatial packages (Surfer, Idrisi).
• Experience with ArcGIS online and ArcGIS Field Maps.
• Considerable experience in working with archaeologists, historians, and architectural historians in the development of GIS applications in project managementcontexts.
• Strong verbal and writing skills
• Attention to detail in presentation of cultural, historical, and archaeological information in mapped contexts.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
Please send a cover letter (in PDF or WORD format) that presents your GIS experience, including any in New England or New York, a copy of your resume/CV, contact information for at least of two references, and a date of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Starting pay is $22/hour and may be adjusted upward depending upon experience. Heritage Consultants, LLC offers: a generous health insurance package that include vision and dental insurance; Paid vacation, Holiday time, and Sick leave.
Heritage Consultants is an equal opportunity employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.