Far Western Anthropological Research Group, Inc.
Founded in 1979, Far Western Anthropological Research Group is one of the largest and most respected cultural resource management (CRM) firms in the United States. We take pride in guiding private and government clients through the cultural resources compliance process with high-quality archaeological research, creative and innovative problem-solving, and open communication with native peoples, regulatory agencies, and the interested public. This commitment is expressed through the dissemination of our findings and activities in outreach, media, and peer-reviewed literature. We believe this highlights the core purpose of historic preservation laws to work in the public interest.
We are currently seeking archaeological technicians and monitors for several positions open on a variety of survey, monitoring, and excavation projects throughout California and Nevada for temporary, seasonal, part-time, and on-call schedules.
· $19-$26.50/hour, depending on experience.
· Per diem for non-local projects (GSA rates)
· Hotels and work vehicles arranged by Far Western
· A bachelor’s degree or higher in anthropology/archaeology (or related field).
· A field school or commensurate California or Nevada CRM field experience (e.g., survey, precontact and historic-era site identification/documentation/data collection, excavation, and familiarity with common electronic devices and hand-held tools).
· Ability to hike eight to ten miles a day for up to 10 consecutive days in rugged terrain and variable weather.
· Ability to camp overnight in remote locations, as needed.
· Detail-oriented, ability to adapt to varying data collection needs, attention to field methods/pace, and effectiveness in verbal and written communication.
· Interest in and ability to collaboratively interact with clients, Native American representatives, and co-workers.
· Ability to comply within Far Western’s Safety Program and other Far Western protocols, COVID-19 and otherwise.
Far Western will give priority to applicants with California and Nevada field experience.
Interested applicants, please email the following to email@example.com
1. A Word/pdf file of CV/resume.
2. At least two references from agency/CRM/academic contacts in the last five years.
3. Your current base location (city/state)
4. Your earliest available start date for fieldwork