This listing closes on 10/5/2022 at 5:00 PM Eastern Time (US & Canada).
$35,360.00 – $65,429.00 Annually
Richland County, SC
FTE – Full-Time
Department of Natural Resources
Closing date and time
10/5/2022 at 5:00 PM Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Agency Specific Application Procedures:
All applicants must apply online.
Normal Work Schedule:
Monday – Friday (8:30 – 5:00)
Hiring Range – Min.
Hiring Range – Max.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Veteran Preference Statement
South Carolina is making our Veterans a priority for employment in state agencies and institutions.
This employee will serve as an Archaeological Crew Leader and will be responsible for leading a crew of three (3) to five (5) technicians in day-to-day archaeological survey work and limited testing according to the priorities of the program.
Job Duties Include:
- Leading an archaeological crew in locating, collecting, recording and interpreting data for archaeology survey and limited testing.
- Performing QA/QC on survey and testing data.
- Communicating survey-level findings to staff and visitors.
- Keeping a daily log.
- Mentoring junior staff in crew and survey leading.
- Coordinating and overseeing laboratory-processing activities, including washing, sorting, and rebagging of artifacts from survey and testing projects.
- Assisting with analysis, technical writing, and GIS-based cartography, as needed.
- Serving as a representative of the SCDNR’s Cultural Heritage Trust Program at events, programs, meetings, and other functions.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
Master’s degree in Anthropology (with a concentration in Archaeology); or bachelor’s degree in anthropology or archaeology (with a concentration in Archaeology) and two (2) years of professional experience in field archaeology, land management, or experience relevant to the job.Preferred Qualifications
Five (5) years of experience doing archaeology in South Carolina preferred. Ability to teach and evaluate field skills. Experience as a teaching assistant in a field school setting highly desirable. Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experience with GIS and related ESRI products, such as Survey 123 and Collector. Experience with the EOS Arrow series and Trimble equipment. Organizational skills, ability to exercise discretion, and establish and maintain effective working relationships. Ability to take initiative, solve problems with sound judgment, and be a team player. Ability to work independently, prioritize work and keep daily activities current.