Edwards-Pitman, Inc. is seeking to hire a permanent, full-time Principal Investigator/Archaeologist to work in our Vinings, Georgia (metro Atlanta area) office. This position will manage and conduct all levels of archaeological fieldwork for local, state, and federal projects. Archaeological experience in the southeastern US is required. The position will oversee project coordination, and quality control/quality assurance for cultural resource management projects. Responsibilities will include project direction (including fieldwork and travel), oversight of crew chiefs, producing quality reports, and managing multiple projects. Previous experience working with FHWA and GDOT on transportation projects is desirable.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that all fieldwork, analysis, and report production is conducted to professional and SHPO standards and guidelines
• prepare reports, and other technical documents, monitor field procedures, and author research designs, testing plans, and other technical documents
• ensure that project scope, schedule, and budget obligations are met
• position requires the individual to be self-motivated, and work well in a team-oriented setting
• Master’s degree in archaeology, anthropology or related field. RPA is not required, although it is desired
• At least 3 years supervisory and fieldwork experience in CRM or equivalent position
• Ability to train, coordinate, and oversee personnel
• Ability to conduct fieldwork for extended periods of time, including long periods of standing, walking, and working in extreme heat and/or cold.
• Exceptional technical writing skills and a record of completing and editing technical reports on deadlines
• Experience with ArcGIS
• Must also possess a current valid driver’s license, and be able to pass a background check and drug screening test
This position comes with a competitive salary and benefits package. Daily per diem and single occupancy lodging is also provided for out of town deployments.
To apply, please send a resume/CV and a letter of interest to Lynn Pietak (email@example.com), with “Archaeology” in the Subject Heading.