Edwards-Pitman, Inc. is seeking archaeological field technicians in the Atlanta, Georgia area for both full-time and part-time positions. Full time positions will be for crew chief level applicants and part time positions will be available for both crew chiefs and technician-level employees. Fieldwork will typically entail Phase I shovel test survey for local, state, and federal projects. Frequent travel and strenuous fieldwork are expected for these positions. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Single occupancy Lodging and daily per diem will be provided on travel projects. Full-time positions will also receive competitive salary and benefits package.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct and/or supervise all levels of archaeological fieldwork.
• Assist with the production of reports and other project related documents.
• Assist with lab analysis and curation.
• B.A. or B.S. degree in archaeology, anthropology, or closely related field
• Archaeological field school or demonstrated equivalent experience
• Previous CRM fieldwork experience in the Southeastern U.S. (preferably Georgia)
• Demonstrated ability to collect accurate data and detailed notes
• Experience with Trimble or other GPS systems
• Ability to stand for long periods, walk long distances, and carry heavy loads in hot and cold climates
• Must also possess a current valid driver’s license, and be able to pass a background check and drug screening test
• Previous supervisory experience of CRM projects (crew chief level)
• Experience conducting projects for GDOT
• Experience writing or assisting with the completion of CRM reports
• Familiarity with ArcGIS or other GIS software.
To apply, please send a resume/CV and a letter of interest to Lynn Pietak, firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Crew Chief/Tech” in the Subject Heading.