About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work. Our Chicago office is seeking an archaeological field technician to conduct cultural resources investigations in the Midwest and Northern Plains.
What you will accomplish
- Conduct archaeological fieldwork including monitoring, survey, testing, and data recovery.
- Assist with mapping responsibilities in the field, including collection of GPS data using Trimble units and Tablets (knowledge of TerrSync, ArcPad, and ArcGIS Collector beneficial).
Experience and qualifications for success
- A Bachelor’s Degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field.
- Accredited Field School Certification.
- Knowledge of ArcGIS Collector.
- Previous archaeological survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring experience.
- Experience cleaning, organizing, and identifying artifacts in the lab.
- Residing in Illinois or neighboring states.
- Current valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass a motor vehicle screening.
- Ability to safely operate a 4wd vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads
- Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds
- Ability to work long hours in harsh conditions.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn company procedures, and ability to try new, improved techniques and to make independent decisions when appropriate to the situation or make adjustments as a member of a team in order to complete tasks in the most efficient and accurate manner
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Pay rate: $19.00 hr.-$22.00 hr.