Environmental Intelligence, LLC (EI) is seeking on-call archaeological field technicians for immediate hire to support projects throughout Southern and Central California. The applicant must show at least 1 year of California-based experience and should demonstrate experience working as an archaeologist on survey and monitoring projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct pedestrian survey and construction monitoring in the field, including collection of field data, digital photography, artifact identification, GPS data collection, and mapping.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or closely related discipline.
• Completion of an archaeological field school or equivalent experience.
• At least two (2) years of experience with a range of field tasks including archaeological survey, site recording, evaluation, and construction monitoring, one (1) of which should be in California.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, and to work well with others as part of a team.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work with construction crews.
• Must be able to identify historic and prehistoric artifacts, features, archaeological sites, structures, and buildings.
• Experience with GPS equipment is required, ArcCollector experience preferred.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and own transportation, with travel often required off of paved roads.
• Must be willing to travel for weeks at a time for long-term field projects
• Must be willing to travel to California for work – no relocation expenses will be reimbursed for out-of-state applicants
• Ability to walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often at high altitudes, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required.
• Familiarity with cultural resource law and regulations is preferred.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Archaeological Field Technician – California”