Title: Temporary Archaeological Field Technicians for upcoming project
Salary: $17 – $21 Depending on Experience
Location: Woolwich Township, Gloucester Township
Job Start Date: TBD
Duration: 1 Week
Archaeology & Historic Resource Services, LLC (AHRS) is a small Women’s owned firm providing cultural resources services throughout New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. AHRS is seeking qualified local temporary archaeological field technicians located within 50 miles for a Phase II project in Bordentown, NJ. Applicants should have a minimum of a BA/BS degree in anthropology/archaeology, a field school plus one year of field experience. Experience in the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic is helpful. The field schedule will be a 5-day work week. Work weeks start on Monday and end on Friday. Hotel and per diem will be provided to crew who are more than 50 miles away from the Project Site. Hotel will be provided for the Sunday night before the project. Per diem is $45 per day with no receipts required for days worked.
Archaeological field technicians must possess basic archaeological field skills and conditions including:
· Ability to work independently and in a team in the field
· Ability to identify local cultural materials in the field including both precontact and historic artifacts
· Ability to take legible comprehensive notes and fill out archaeological forms with clear handwriting
· Ability to read topographic and project maps and use a compass to navigate in the field
· Ability to perform archaeological surveys and excavations
· Ability to stand for long hours and walk over long distances
· Ability to carry 40 lbs. over rough terrain during the course of an 8-hour work day
· Must be able to excavate 17-18 STP’s a day in wet clay soils
· Ability to work in extreme climatic conditions, wet, cold or hot weather
· Ability to clearly communicate with archaeological supervisors (field director or crew chief)
· The ability to get to and from the job site every day on your own
Due to Covid-19 Pandemic Restrictions, all crew must be able to transport themselves to the Project Site everyday with their own vehicle. As a condition of employment, AHRS requires that all of its employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 including boosters (proof of vaccination will be required).
Archaeological field techs must have proper hard-toe work boots and appropriate field clothing including a reflective vest suitable for roadside work. Gloves are optional and recommended as the soils may be wet and clay.
To apply for this position, please send a resume, at least two references, and cover letter to: email@example.com. No calls please. Competitive wages are based on level of experience.
AHRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values a diverse work force.