Cultural Resource Analysts, Inc. (CRA) is seeking qualified candidates to join our Tennessee office, and we are currently accepting applications for Staff Archaeologist positions. Our Tennessee office is located in Knoxville and was established in 2010 to support clients throughout the southeast. Staff Archaeologist positions are full-time, salaried positions.
Join us, as we approach celebrating our 40th year in business! For nearly four decades, CRA has been recognized as one of the most respected, full-service cultural resource consulting firms in the United States. This success is directly attributed to CRA’s retention of an experienced, highly-skilled, multi-disciplinary team of cultural resource management professionals. With an understanding that it is the expertise and dedication of our team that forms the foundation of our reputation for high-quality work, CRA invests in its people and their professional development, and fosters a collaborative environment that emphasizes teamwork. The archaeologists, architectural historians, and historic preservation professionals that CRA employs, many of whom are leaders in their fields, are the core of our success. For more in-depth information about CRA and the exciting projects and opportunities we have, please visit our website at www.crai-ky.com. Join our team, and grow with us!
· Employment Type: Salaried, Full-Time, Expected starting salary: $45,000-$46,000 (negotiable based upon experience).
o Medical, Vision, Dental, Life (99% of employee medical coverage paid by employer).
o Flexible Spending Plan offered
o 401(k) (up to 5% employer matched)
o Life insurance (100% paid by employer)
o Supplemental insurance policies offered (short-term disability, cancer, hospitalization)
o Paid holidays (10 days per year)
o Paid Time Off (80 hours for Year 1, 120 hours for Year 2, and 160 hours for Year 3), and employees that have been with the company 10 years or more get 5 weeks (200 hours) of PTO
o Paid Family Leave. The latter would consist of new mothers and fathers both get one week paid leave. New mothers get a “short term disability” benefit that is paid by the company. This is generally 6-8 weeks or as prescribed by their doctor. It is a percentage of your regular pay based on your tenure with the company: 90 days to 3 years: 60%; 3-10 years:75%; 10+ years:90%
o Professional development stipend ($1,000 per year)
o Registered Professional Archaeologist (RPA) annual renewal payment for Affiliated status
Job Description and Responsibilities:
· The Staff Archaeologist position is under the direction of a Principal Investigator, and will involve participation in the planning and performance of archaeological field projects;
· Responsibilities will include conducting pre-field research, mobilizing field projects, providing supervision to field technicians, overseeing archaeological field projects, authoring or co-authoring written reports of findings, and completing site forms;
· Project types may include archaeological monitoring, survey, evaluation, and data recovery projects, including projects that will require stays away from home.
· A graduate degree in Anthropology;
· Qualification under the Secretary of the Interior Standards (48 FR 44716) in archaeology;
· RPA, or eligible for RPA;
· A minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience in archaeology;
· Ability to work in a variety of field conditions, and to navigate efficiently in remote areas;
· Have additional qualifications? Let us know where you excel!
Please indicate when you will be available, and submit a resume with three references to the following link:
Cultural Resource Analysts, Inc. employees are required to undergo a background check that includes driving history. CRA reserves the right to perform drug/alcohol testing as a condition of continued employment. Cultural Resource Analysts, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.