Roving Exhibit and Archeology Lab Intern – 800 hours
- NCPE Internship
- Lowell, MA (Remote)
- Posted 1 week ago
- $17.00 USD / Hour
- Closes: November 1, 2022
- Department: Northeast Archeological Resources Program (NARP)
- Job Reference #: 3683f/4042a
- Job Qualifications:Strong written and verbal communication skills; experience using digital editing tools and social media are required.Candidates who are familiar or have experience with basic archeological principles, methodologies, the identification of archeological material culture found in the Northeast Region, experience with the principles of cultural resources management, education, museum studies, and/or history will be given priority.
- How to Apply:Click on the application button at this listing and follow the instructions to apply online.
- Job benefits: Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Physical Demands / Work Environment: Some travel, including overnight travel, will be expected as part of the intern’s duties. All travel will be at the expense of the Archeology program provided in the form of reimbursements through the NCPE program.
- Application Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Northeast Archeological Resources Program (NARP) is seeking an intern to support public outreach and digital media efforts to share information about past and upcoming archeological field work, research, surveys, and inventories.
The intern will assist NARP by providing public access to archeology through social media engagement and website content creation. The intern will support NARP’s goals of collaboration with parks to help provide the public with information about the science of archeology, specific archeological projects, and the variety of tasks supported by NARP. In addition to digital media, the intern will create specialized lesson plans to be used by K-12 educators that will focus on FY23 archeological projects at several parks throughout Interior Region 1. The intern will test new methods for public outreach and engagement related to archeological projects and support the implementation of the Roving Exhibit and Archeology Laboratory (REAL) which will be traveling to different parks during the spring and summer of 2023.