Curation and Exhibits Intern – 1200 hours
- NCPE Internship
- Baker City, OR
- Posted 1 week ago
- 17.00 USD / Hour
- Closes: November 1, 2022
- Department: Bureau of Land Management – National Historic Oregon Trail Interpretive Center
- Job Reference #: 4052f
- Job Qualifications:Proficient in Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel, Access, and Word. Also possess organizational, communication, and time management skills.
- How to Apply:Click on the application button at this listing and follow the instructions to apply online
- Job benefits: Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Physical Demands / Work Environment: Must be able to lift 25 lbs. Work requires standing, bending, and climbing ladders in exhibit halls.
The intern will be supervised by the museum curator and will work with the curation and exhibit team. The National Historic Oregon Trail Interpretive Center has been closed for renovations for two years, the primary project for this internship will be assisting the curation and exhibits team in reinstalling museum collections, exhibits, and diorama components to prepare the center for reopening. Additional projects include cataloging museum collections, rehousing artifacts, and bringing museum collections into compliance with regulations for curation of Federally-owned and administered archaeological collections.