Archeology Intern – 265 hours
- NCPE Internship
- Ventura, CA
- Posted 1 week ago
- $17.00 USD / Hour
- Closes: November 1, 2022
- Department: Channel Islands National Park – Cultural Resources Division
- Job Reference #: 3699
- Job Qualifications:Competitive applicants for this position will hold or be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in archeology/anthropology. GIS experience, archeological field school, or other field work is a plus. The selected intern will need to pass a standard federal security clearance in order to work on National Park Service computers.
- How to Apply:Click on the application button at this listing and follow the instructions to apply online.
- Job benefits: Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Physical Demands / Work Environment: Work is performed in an office setting and in the field. Both office and field work may involve moving boxes or packs up to 45 lbs. Field work may involve strenuous hiking in remote, backcountry locations.
- Application Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Channel Islands National Park is seeking an intern for assistance with archeological program needs. Primary responsibilities include entering archeological site record information into the NPS Cultural Resources Inventory System (CRIS), resolving inconsistencies in the park’s geographic information system (GIS) database, and preparing archeological collections (e.g., shell midden) for curation. A secondary responsibility will be participating in occasional archeological surveys on the Channel Islands. The intern will work under the supervision of the Park Archeologist. Work will be in-person (approximately 10-20 hours per week) at Channel Islands National Park offices in Ventura Harbor, and occasionally within the park. No housing or travel stipend is included; however, travel costs associated with fieldwork (e.g., boat and island housing) will be covered by the park.