Four Corners Collection and NAGPRA Museum Intern – 640 hours
- NCPE Internship
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Posted 2 weeks ago
- 17.00 USD / Hour
- Closes: November 1, 2022
- Department: Bureau of Land Management – Utah State Office, Branch of Outdoor and Heritage Resources
- Job Reference #: 4052a
- Job Qualifications:Ideally, the candidate will have prior experience working with archaeology collections in a museum or lab setting; knowledge of curation; knowledge of Southwest or Four Corners archaeology and artifact types; strong organizational skills; strong writing skills; and the ability to work in multiple settings including virtually, in a repository, and in an office. Experience with NAGPRA is a plus. These qualifications are preferred, but not required to be considered. The intern should possess a valid driver’s license for official local travel to the off-site repository.
- How to Apply:Click on the application button at this listing and follow the instructions to apply online.
- Job benefits: Paid Time Off (PTO); public transportation stipend; flexible schedule; possibility for telework.
- Physical Demands / Work Environment: Some work will occur at a repository where collection boxes up to 25 lbs may need to be lifted. A platform ladder will need to be used to reach some boxes. Some work may require standing or sitting for long periods of time throughout the day.
- Application Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Utah State Office manages a diverse range of programs including a cultural resources program, and as the lead office for the BLM in Utah, supports the District and Field Offices across the state. The successful candidate will assist with the management of a Southwest and Four Corners archaeology collection and Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA) cases. Projects and duties that support the management of the 100,000 object collection at the Utah State Office include updating catalog information, collections research, taking collections photographs, assisting with environmental and pest monitoring, assisting with NAGPRA, and assisting with ongoing collections projects as needs arise. The intern may also assist the Utah State Office and BLM Field Offices with NAGPRA responsibilities including drafting correspondence, writing NAGPRA notices, and working with partner museums across the country on BLM Utah NAGPRA cases. The intern will work under the supervision of the Museum Collections Manager. Work may take place both virtually and in an office setting as well as at an off-site repository location.