Archaeological Collections Intern – 600 hours
- NCPE Internship
- Tucson, AZ
- Posted 2 weeks ago
- 17.00 USD / Hour
- Closes: November 1, 2022
- Department: BLM Arizona State Office/Arizona State Museum
- Job Reference #: 4052d
- Job Qualifications:The intern should be proficient in Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel and Word, and possess good organization, communications, and time management skills. The intern will work under the direct supervision of the ASM curators and repository manager.
- How to Apply:Click on the application button at this listing and follow the instructions to apply online.
- Job benefits: Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Physical Demands / Work Environment: Intern should be able to lift 20 lbs.
- Application Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bureau of Land Management Arizona (BLM) State Office and the Arizona State Museum are seeking a Collections Intern to assist the BLM Arizona’s Collections Manager with inventory and assessment of BLM collections housed at the museum. The position will focus on the examination of the sources of collections and is likely to involve extensive work with accession records as well as catalog, archival, and GIS databases. The position entails extensive work with historic and prehistoric archaeological collections and their associated archives. The intern will collaborate and interact with museum curators, BLM archaeologists, and State Historic Preservation Office personnel. The position offers the opportunity to broaden understanding of museum collections management, Native American cultures in the American Southwest, and the rich cultural heritage of Arizona. The opportunity is open to both undergraduate and graduate students with an interest in Native American studies, museum studies, collections management, anthropology, archaeology, history, or related fields. Located in Tucson, AZ with some possible travel to the Phoenix area.