Archaeological Collections Intern – 120 hours
- NCPE Internship
- Fort Collins, CO
- Posted 2 weeks ago
- $17.00 USD / Hour
- Closes: November 1, 2022
- Department: Colorado State University/Bureau of Land Management – Anthropology and Geography
- Job Reference #: 4052b
- Job Qualifications:Applicants should have at least 18 credit hours in archaeology, anthropology, history, museum studies, or a related field.
- How to Apply:Click on the application button at this listing and follow the instructions to apply online.
- Job benefits: Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Physical Demands / Work Environment: Ability to sit for long periods. Ability up to to lift 30 lbs.
- Application Email: email@example.com
The position entails assisting with the inventory, organization, and curation of Bureau of Land Management (BLM) archaeological collections housed at the Archaeology Repository at Colorado State University (ARCSU). The intern will enter artifact information into the Interior Collections Museum Systems (ICMS) database; handle artifacts with care; assist with the rehousing of artifacts into archival quality materials; inventory, photograph, and scan associated paperwork; prepare archaeological site summaries; and help students working on similar projects in the ARCSU.
The internship can be part-time or full-time. Part-time applicants must work at least 8 hours a week. Internship may be extended.
CSU encourages all interested students or recent graduates to apply; it does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, or physical or mental handicap.