Archaeological Curation Program Intern – 800 hours
- NCPE Internship
- Dolores, CO
- Posted 2 days ago
- $17.00 USD / Hour
- Closes: November 1, 2022
- Department: BLM Canyons of the Ancients Visitor Center and Museum – Curation Program
- Job Reference #: 4056a
- Job Qualifications:Familiarity with southwest archaeology appreciated.
- How to Apply:Click on the application button at this listing and follow the instructions to apply online.
- Job benefits: Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Physical Demands / Work Environment: Position involves both moderate physical activity and sedentary desk work.
Intern will assist the Bureau of Land Management Canyons of the Ancients National Monument Visitor Center and Museum (BLM-CANM) Curation Program with BLM archaeological collections and project documentation, focusing on cataloging and proper storage of items from sites on BLM-Canyons of the Ancients National Monument, as well as inventory of exhibited and stored archaeological collections. Intern will be provided broad exposure to the workings of a Dept. of the Interior (DOI) bureau curation facility and gain experience with the fundamentals of collections management: collections and exhibit inventory, cataloging, storage of artifacts, data entry into ICMS (Department of the Interior’s cataloging system), and organization of associated documentation. Other duties include assisting staff with researcher access to the CANM collections and participating in the CANM Curation Program’s Integrated Pest Management Program. The position is in-person, involves both moderate physical activity and sedentary desk work. A background in southwest archaeology and/or museum studies is appreciated. The area lacks public transportation requiring the successful candidate to have a vehicle for personal use. Housing adjacent to the Visitor Center is provided at no cost to the intern. Located just outside Dolores, CO.