Archeological Information Management Intern – 800 hours
- NCPE Internship
- Lincoln, NE
- Posted 4 weeks ago
- 17.00 USD / Hour
- Closes: November 1, 2022
- Department: Midwest Archeological Center
- Job Reference #: 4047a
- Job Qualifications:Basic experience with standard Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software and database entry preferred.
- How to Apply:Click on the application button at this listing and follow the instructions to apply online.
- Job benefits: Paid Time Off (PTO), Transportation Stipend
- Application Email: email@example.com
The selected intern will work with the Midwest Archeological Center’s GIS coordinators to research the history of archeological work and archeological resources in the National Park Service’s Midwest Region’s 60+ parks and use the information to update GIS data such as site and project locations. The intern will also enter attribute data for new sites into the NPS CRIS database system and revises data for existing records. Other duties may include downloading and processing basedata, creating map templates, and assisting with managing mobile GNSS equipment. The intern will have access to online GIS training for special topics as needed. Work will be performed in person at MWAC in Lincoln, NE. The position is eligible for situational telework with supervisor approval. A transportation stipend is available but housing in Lincoln is the responsibility of the intern.