Logan Simpson, a growing cultural resources, environmental planning, and landscape architectural design firm, currently seeks a full-time Archaeological Crew Lead to work in either our Tempe, Flagstaff, or Tucson Arizona office. Duties and responsibilities include supervising cultural resources surveys and excavation fieldwork throughout Arizona and adjacent states and contributing to technical survey and excavation reports.
The candidate must have demonstrable experience in cultural resources management (CRM) survey and site-recording and preparing the associated reports. Candidates have demonstrated experience supervising the documentation of cultural resources in the field, operating GPS units with a data recorder, preparing site records, and providing direction to field technicians during fieldwork.
Minimum requirements include the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology or closely related field.
• 3+ years of CRM archaeology or agency experience.
• Proficiency with technical writing and Microsoft Office products.
• Ability to demonstrate written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work outdoors in extreme temperatures and in remote locations (camping is a possibility);
• Ability to walk up to 10 miles per day over steep terrain for extended periods of time.
• Willingness to work overnight and on weekends.
• Willingness to abide by any COVID-19 safety protocols, including social distancing and wearing face masks.
The preferred candidate also will have experience working on CRM field projects in Arizona and, ideally, in one or more adjacent states (NM, UT, NV, CO, and CA). Candidates with a graduate degree in anthropology focused in archaeology shall be highly considered. The preferred candidate also will be able to identify an area of analytical expertise and/or an archaeological research interest. Ideal candidates also will have field experience with archaeological testing and data recovery.
Logan Simpson offers a comprehensive benefit package and a competitive salary. If interested, please apply online at http://logansimpson.com/about/careers/ and attach a resume and a cover letter that includes salary requirements.
Logan Simpson is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer