Richard Grubb and Associates is seeking an Archaeologist to be based out of Cranbury, NJ or Philadelphia, PA office. This position will be based remotely at this time due to COVID-19. However, applicants should be available to travel to project sites in the NJ/DE/PA/NY area as necessary for site visits and fieldwork duties. Prior work experience in the mid-Atlantic preferred but not necessarily required.
Principal Investigator responsibilities include:
• Direct, plan, organize, and manage archaeological surveys, site recordation, monitoring, and other fieldwork duties in New Jersey and surrounding states.
• Supervise a crew chief with multiple crews on large projects when necessary.
• Archaeological monitoring and reporting
• Prepare archaeological survey reports, including technical writing.
• Communicate with project managers on survey results
Qualified applicants must possess:
• MA/MS or Ph.D. degree in Archaeology, Anthropology or related field.
• Experience with the archaeology, prehistory, history and/or industrial history of the Mid-Atlantic region (preferred)
• A working knowledge of NEPA and Section 106.
• Technical writing, communication, and problem-solving skills.
• Collegiality in working with architectural historians and historians as part of a team environment.
• Registered Professional Archaeologist (RPA) designation preferred
• Ability to prepare technical and cost proposals a plus
This is a full-time position and compensation includes a complete benefits package. Salary is dependent upon qualifications.
To be considered for this opportunity, please email a cover letter and resume/CV detailing education and work experience to:
Richard Grubb, Vice President
RGA is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish. RGA is an equal-opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RGA is a Drug-Free Workplace.
RGA participates in E-Verify