Ethnoscience, Inc. is a cultural resource management firm based in Billings, Montana. We are seeking a seasonal staff archaeologist for field work primarily in Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wyoming. The position is a seasonal, hourly position. The candidate can expect to conduct or supervise all stages of archaeological and historic research including file searches, survey, testing and evaluation, data recovery, and construction monitoring.
Qualified candidates must have:
-Master’s degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, History or a related field
-At least 16 months of archaeological field experience with a professional cultural resource management firm;
· -Ability to walk up to 10 miles a day, carry heavy loads for short distances, or excavate three levels in clay loam per day, and spend long periods standing in a stooped position while screening;
· -Experience with NRHP evaluation of historic and archaeological sites;
· -Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· -Ability to work well with others and be a proactive team leader;
· -A valid driver’s license;
· -Ability to operate GPS units and navigate using USGS maps.
Experience in Northern Plains archaeology and familiarity with stone features (rings, cairns, etc.) is preferred.
To apply please send a cover letter (in PDF or WORD format) that presents your field experience, a copy of your professional vita, two references, and a recent example of your writing that includes a site description (max. 3 pages) to Scott J Wagers at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
4140 King Avenue East
Billings, MT 59101
Phone: (406) 252-7945
Fax: (406) 252-9483