Merjent is a professional environmental consulting company specializing in the energy industry. Our focus is on oil and gas pipelines, electric utilities, biofuels, wind, and mining projects throughout the United States. Our mission is to help the energy industry solve environmental issues before they become problems. At Merjent we promote an environment where people and projects can succeed.
Our Field Services division has seasonal/temporary openings working on Phase I project in Arkansas. All staff must arrive in Eureka Springs, Arkansas on Sunday, May 2, 2021 with fieldwork beginning on Monday, May 3, 2021. Work is expected to last 4-6 weeks.
SCHEDULE AND COMPENSATION
• Schedule On: Monday – Saturday; 10 hour days
• Schedule Off: Sunday
• Hourly Position – Overtime paid for all hours worked over 40
• Project based lodging (single occupancy) & per diem
FIELD TECHNICIAN POSITION OVERVIEW 17.00/HOUR
Under the supervision of the Field Lead for Phase I survey, the Field Technician is responsible for performing common tasks associated with archaeological investigations and surveys within the archaeological project area.
• Perform pedestrian walkover survey, controlled surface survey, and hand excavation (shovel testing)
• Complete field-related paperwork including but not limited to recordation of excavated shovel tests, plan view and profile drawing.
• May assist in technical site mapping, photography, and artifact collection
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in archaeology, anthropology or related science
• Successful completion of an archaeological field school
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar capacity conducting fieldwork.
REQUIRED DRUG AND ALCOHOL TESTING
This position requires job candidates (after a conditional offer of employment), employees, and sub-contractors to abide by Merjent’s written Drug, Alcohol, and Contraband Policy which includes satisfactory test results of pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
For consideration please send resume/vita and three professional references to:
Field Logistics Coordinator