Quality Services, Inc. is seeking an experienced cultural resource management specialist/ archeologist for the position of Principal Investigator (PI). Qualified candidates will have a background in planning and managing projects and teams. Required tasks include conducting surveys, recording cultural resources, testing or excavating archeological sites and areas with potential for buried archeological resources, analyzing artifacts and materials, consulting with state and federal agencies and tribes, writing and reviewing reports, and customer service.
Quality Services, Inc. is a small business based in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota that deals with multiple types of clients and projects in all sizes. We work in over 30 states in support of a variety of industries, services, government agencies, and clients, completing over 700 projects per year. Full time employee benefits include health and dental insurance, Simple IRA, bonuses, and paid time off. Rapid City is a growing, diverse community, with opportunities for young professionals, families, and retirees.
Applicants must be capable to walk up to 10 hours per day in rough terrain carrying up to 40 lbs. and be able to sit, stoop, bend, and climb, and to use hand tools, shovels, screening and other field equipment. PIs must plan and execute field projects, including crew management for various sized projects. Fieldwork may be in variable weather conditions throughout the year. Overnight travel is a requirement of the job. This is a salaried position.
• Master’s degree in archeology, anthropology, or a closely related field
• Minimum of 3 years experience in similar work, at crew supervisor, project manager and/or PI level
o Please make sure the experience is listed by days or months per job in resume
• Basic knowledge of soils and sediments
• Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualification Standards for Principal Investigator
• National Environmental Policy Act team experience
• Technical report first author examples; report and documents editing and review experience
• Basic GIS knowledge and experience
Preferred Experience in one or more of the following:
• Geophysical, Transmission Line, and/or Wind Energy
• Human remains and burials identification
• PI qualified for BLM lands in Colorado, Nevada, Utah and/or Wyoming
• National Register nominations
• Proposal or grant writing
• Strong technical writing and oral communication skills
• Self-motivated, positive, energetic, and the ability to work with and supervise teams
• Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations
How to Apply
Submit your vita, writing samples (site forms, reports, articles, maps, or other relevant documents) and references to firstname.lastname@example.org