ASM Affiliates (ASM) has an immediate opening for a full-time Director – Senior Archaeologist in our Sacramento office. ASM is a 100% employee-owned company and a Small Business Enterprise (SBE) with more than 45 years of experience as a cultural resource management (CRM) consulting firm. We specialize in archaeology, history, architectural history, CRM and environmental regulatory compliance services for federal, state, and local agencies and private proponents throughout the western U.S., including California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, and Hawaii. The successful candidate will be an integral member of our dedicated team of professionals and work in a collegial and positive environment.
The Director – Senior Archaeologist will manage and lead research, fieldwork, laboratory analysis, monitoring, and preparation of technical reports for survey, testing, evaluation, data recovery, and construction monitoring projects. In addition, this position is expected to lead or significantly contribute to business development, marketing, and proposal efforts for cultural resource opportunities.
· M.A. or Ph.D. degree in anthropology, archaeology, historical archaeology, or closely related field.
· Minimum of five (5) years of supervisory or management experience in CRM.
· Command of federal (NEPA, NHPA Section 106) and state (CEQA) cultural resource laws and regulations.
· Strong technical writing skills with the ability to meet project timelines.
· Excellent verbal and communication skills with the ability to positively interact with clients.
· Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
· Experience with managing budgets, supervising personnel, staff mentorship, task management, proposal preparation, and strong leadership skills.
· Demonstrated ability in business development and building business relationships.
· Proof of COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to get vaccinated prior to date of hire is required for all employees, unless a valid religious or medical exemption is in place.
· Experience in California and the Great Basin is preferred, as is prior experience serving as lead author for Section 106 and CEQA compliance reports.
· Five (5) or more years of progressive experience as Project Manager of cultural resources projects.
ASM offers a compensation package that includes competitive pay, professional development, a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid vacation/sick/holiday leave, participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401k with matching, and bonus plan. The base salary range is $85,000 to $110,000 annually and will be commensurate with the applicant’s credentials, experience and industry standards.
Please apply by sending your cover letter, CV and a writing sample to email@example.com with Subject line: Director/Senior Archaeologist – Sacramento.
ASM Affiliates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer