Logan Simpson currently seeks a full-time Archaeologist to be based in either our Tempe, Flagstaff, or Tucson, Arizona office. Duties and responsibilities include working as a crew member on archaeological monitoring, cultural resources surveys, and excavation projects throughout Arizona and adjacent states, while assisting with laboratory work (e.g., washing and inventorying artifacts)
The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of cultural resources experience and possess a good understanding and ability to identify archaeological features and artifacts during cultural resources surveys and excavations. Preferred qualifications include an ability to conduct records searches and other background research online and at agency offices, complete agency site forms, and use GPS units for data recording.
• Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology or related field.
• Successful completion of an archaeological field school.
• Ability to work outdoors in extreme temperatures and in remote locations (camping is a possibility).
• Ability to walk up to 10 miles per day over steep terrain for extended periods of time.
• Willingness to work overnight and on weekends.
• Must be able to work cooperatively with crew members and supervisors.
• Willing to abide by any COVID-19 safety protocols, including social distancing and wearing face masks.
• Ability to demonstrate written and verbal communication skills, and independently prepare complex technical documents for cultural resources projects.
Logan Simpson offers a comprehensive benefit package and a competitive salary. If interested, please apply online at http://logansimpson.com/about/careers/ and include a resume and a cover letter, including salary requirements.
Logan Simpson is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer