Richard Grubb and Associates is seeking a Geophysical Specialist/Archaeologist to work within our geophysical program. This individual will be based at our Nashville, Tennessee; Wake Forest, North Carolina; or New Jersey headquarters. This is an excellent opportunity for an early- to mid-career professional to work on a wide variety of projects within a growing full-service cultural resource management firm.
· Conducting geophysical investigations using remote sensing methods such as ground penetrating radar (GPR) and magnetic gradiometry. Experience with electrical resistance, and conductivity/magnetic susceptibility surveys is also desirable. Experience with drones a plus, but not required.
· Data analysis using current software.
· Organization of data for delivery to clients and agencies.
· Technical writing, including reports and work plans, and preparing supporting graphics.
· Mapping cemeteries, and historic and pre-Contact sites.
· Collaboration with RGA archaeologists and historians.
· Maintenance and organization of geophysical survey equipment.
Qualified applicants should possess:
· An MA/MS degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, Geosciences or related field is preferred.
· Ability to conduct geophysical survey projects; experience with GPR, magnetometer, and other remote sensing techniques.
· Ability to post-process geophysical data using GPR Slice, RADAN 7, Geoplot 4, Surfer and interpret GPR Time-slices and Radargrams; at least one year of experience in fieldwork and post-processing.
· Ability to operate GIS software (ArcMap 10.7) and mapping equipment, such as Garmin, Trimble GPS, RTK GPS units and Total Station.
· Experience with cemetery identification, delineation and mapping.
· Experience with pre-Contact and historic sites and the archaeology of eastern North America.
· Ability to travel for projects.
· Strong writing, communication, and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work independently when needed; willingness to engage with professional mentors.
· The position regularly works in outside conditions that include varying weather conditions and temperatures.
· The position requires the candidate to traverse up to 10 miles per day for fieldwork and frequently moves equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
To be considered for this opportunity, please email a cover letter, resume/CV detailing education and work experience to:
Ellen Turco, firstname.lastname@example.org
This full-time position includes a competitive pay and benefits package. The salary for this position is $52,000-$57,000 per year. Benefits include paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; group medical, dental, and vision insurance; and a 401k plan with employer contribution. RGA is committed to supporting professional development through training, professional memberships, conference attendance, and continuing education.
RGA is one of the largest cultural resource consulting firms in the Mid-Atlantic, with a staff of Historians, Architectural Historians, and Archaeologists. RGA is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish. RGA is an equal-opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. RGA is a Drug-Free Workplace. RGA participates in E-Verify.
RGA is a certified WBE/DBE/SBE. Learn more about RGA at www.rgaincorporated.com.