Terracon is seeking a full-time Archaeologist (Staff Scientist) in our Columbia, South Carolina office. The successful candidate must possess a master’s degree or above, meet the Secretary of Interior Standards for an Archaeologist, and have at least two years of experience in the Eastern U.S. Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in: Environmental, Facilities, Geotechnical, and Engineering Services. Over its history, Terracon has achieved significant expansion through both internal growth and acquisitions. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in 150 offices nationwide. Terracon’s growth is due to dedicated employee owners who are responsive to clients, provide quality services, and take advantage of opportunities in the marketplace. By combining our national resources with specific local area expertise, we consistently overcome obstacles and deliver the results our clients expect. As an Archaeologist with Terracon, you will be responsible for conducting archaeological field evaluations; conducting laboratory analysis; consulting with state and federal agencies, tribal groups, and other stakeholders; performing National Register evaluations for archaeological sites; completing site forms; preparing reports; and other duties, as necessary. This position may also require assistance with preparing other environmental consulting projects as assigned. Must be able to work in physically demanding field conditions. Frequent overnight travel will be required. Essential Functions and Duties:
· May conduct site testing and make National Register recommendations
· May serve as team leader on projects and help train junior level staff.
· May assist more senior level Scientists on larger, more complex projects.
· Performs work that involves conventional practice but may include a variety of complex features.
· Performs site visits, field observations and field data collection and/or field assignments.
· May serve as team member or lead in meetings and communications with client pertaining to specific projects/tasks.
· May oversee work performed by lower-level Scientists
· Implements technical requirements to complete client projects by directing and supervising field staff to sample, test, and collect data and/or document on-site activities at various client sites.
· Evaluates laboratory and field data and assembles in written reports.
· In accordance with company procedures, approves or prepares reports for relatively complex projects, making appropriate recommendations as necessary.
· Master’s degree or above
· Minimum of two years of experience in the Eastern U.S.
· Secretary of Interior qualified as an Archaeologist.
· Register of Professional Archaeologist (RPA) preferred
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays. Pay is commensurate with experience, with a minimum starting salary of $51,200 annually. Please apply online at http://www.terracon.com/careers/.
Requisition Number: 22755BR
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.