Terracon is seeking a full-time Crew Chief (Field Scientist) in our Columbia, South Carolina office, primarily to work on telecommunications projects. The successful candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree or above and have at least one year of experience in the eastern U.S. conducting fieldwork, analyzing prehistoric and historic artifacts, and writing simple reports.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in: Environmental, Facilities, Geotechnical, and Engineering Services.
Over its history, Terracon has achieved significant expansion through both internal growth and acquisitions. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in 150 offices nationwide. Terracon’s growth is due to dedicated employee owners who are responsive to clients, provide quality services, and take advantage of opportunities in the marketplace. By combining our national resources with specific local area expertise, we consistently overcome obstacles and deliver the results our clients expect.
The successful candidate for this position will primarily be responsible conducting fieldwork and report writing for small projects, especially telecommunications projects. This position may also require assisting more senior level archaeologists and architectural historians with other cultural resource projects, preparing NEPA and Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), and other environmental consulting projects as assigned. Must be able to work in physically demanding field conditions. Frequent overnight travel will be required.
Essential Functions and Duties:
• Using prescribed methods, performs specific and limited portions of cultural resource assignments. May work in the office, laboratory, or in the field.
• Applies standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, recognizes discrepancies in results and follows operations through a series of related steps or processes.
• Performs other office, laboratory, or field studies that may be assigned by more senior level professional staff or the Office Manager.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
• B.A./B.S. degree or above.
• Minimum of one year of archaeological experience in the Eastern U.S.
• Must be willing to travel as needed.
Please apply online at http://www.terracon.com/careers/
Requisition Number: 16558BR
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.