Terracon is seeking a full-time Senior Archaeologist (Senior Staff Scientist) in our Columbia, South Carolina office. The successful candidate must possess a master’s degree or above, meet the Secretary of Interior Standards for an Archaeologist, and have at least five years of supervisory experience in the Eastern U.S.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in: Environmental, Facilities, Geotechnical, and Engineering Services.
Over its history, Terracon has achieved significant expansion through both internal growth and acquisitions. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in 150 offices nationwide. Terracon’s growth is due to dedicated employee owners who are responsive to clients, provide quality services, and take advantage of opportunities in the marketplace. By combining our national resources with specific local area expertise, we consistently overcome obstacles and deliver the results our clients expect.
As a Senior Archaeologist/Principal Investigator with Terracon, you will be responsible for conducting archaeological field evaluations; overseeing laboratory analysis; consulting with state and federal agencies, tribal groups, and other stakeholders; performing National Register evaluations for archaeological sites; completing site forms; preparing reports; and other duties, as necessary. This position may also require assistance with preparing other environmental consulting projects as assigned. Must be able to work in physically demanding field conditions. Frequent overnight travel will be required.
Essential Functions and Duties:
• Will conduct site visits and make National Register recommendations.
• Will serve as team leader on projects and help train junior level staff.
• Will be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects assigned.
• Performs work that involves conventional practice but may include a variety of complex features.
• May serve as team member or lead in meetings and communications with client pertaining to specific projects/tasks.
• Planning, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating all phases of work.
• Evaluate laboratory and field data and assemble in written reports.
• In accordance with company procedures, approves or prepares reports for relatively complex projects, making appropriate recommendations as necessary.
• Master’s degree or above.
• Minimum of five years of supervisory experience in the Eastern U.S.
• Secretary of Interior qualified as an Archaeologist.
• RPA preferred.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Please apply online at http://www.terracon.com/careers/.
Requisition Number 16560BR
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.