PaleoWest, LLC is a solution-driven cultural resource consulting firm that prides itself on employing the best CRM professionals in the industry. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, PaleoWest places an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs by fostering new technologies that advance our industry and promoting professional development within an innovative and forward-thinking environment.
PaleoWest is currently seeking an Archaeologist who can serve as Project Manager on many of its current and future projects in Southern California, specifically the San Diego region. The successful candidate will work closely with our Office Principal and other staff in our California offices to develop scopes and budgets for large and small projects, write technical reports for compliance with CEQA and Section 106, oversee project and client relationship management, and assist with business development and marketing pursuits.
• A minimum of a Master’s degree in Anthropology or Archaeology
• Meets the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards and Guidelines for Archaeology
• A solid understanding of CEQA, NEPA, and NHPA Section 106
• Experience working in the San Diego region with familiarity and demonstrated experience in San Diego prehistoric and historical archaeology
• Experience preparing, reviewing, and overseeing technical reports, research designs, and management plans for survey, monitoring, testing, and data recovery projects
• Experience developing budgets for various types of projects
• Experience managing multiple clients and multiple projects simultaneously
PaleoWest is one of the most respected firms in the industry and has offices across the United States. Salary will be commensurate with experience and bonuses will be offered for exceptional performance. Our benefits package includes health insurance, paid holiday and vacation, and a 401(k) plan with employer matching.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Interested parties apply here.