Do you thrive in the pursuit of ensuring excellence in environmental consulting services for your clients? SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work.
Our Sheridan, Wyoming office offers a friendly work environment and specializes in multidisciplinary projects involving cultural and natural resource surveys as well as compliance work. Cultural resource projects may involve historic mines, pipeline projects, and transmission or generation projects.
Your role will be to assist cultural resource field directors in field data collection and assisting the GIS team on geodatabase management and cartography. You should be able to work a flexible field schedule with up to 10-day field sessions.
• Conduct archaeological fieldwork including monitoring, survey, testing, and data recovery.
• Assist with mapping responsibilities in the field, including collection of GPS data using tablets.
• Assist in managing GIS datasets and preparing map deliverables.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field or six (6) months field experience with a range of field methodologies, including survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring required.
• An accredited Field School Certification is required.
• Experience with a range of field methodologies, including archaeological survey, testing, excavation, methodology and monitoring preferred.
• Intermediate knowledge and experience with ArcPad and ArcGIS Pro or similar programs required.
• Current valid driver’s license and the ability to safely operate a 4wd vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads required
• Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often at high altitudes, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.