At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
AECOM’s Cultural Services group, which is a part of our Environment team is seeking a Historian II to join our Cincinnati, OH office.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Develops solutions for a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Works under limited supervision.
- Formulates procedures and practices within the department.
- Experienced professional with a specialized area of expertise.
- Acts as a key consultant and documents and inventories historic significant sites.
- Works with the details of a historic resource project from pre-field stages through reconnaissance survey, intensive survey, Section 4(f) documentation, NRHP eligibility recommendations, and final report to federal, state and/or local agencies.
About AECOM’s Environment Business Line
Join AECOM to be part of an expert global team who is connected through a well-developed, worldwide, internal technical practice network through which you can learn from and brainstorm with the best in the world. AECOM is an industry-leading, world class environmental firm, and we want you to succeed within it. We respect and encourage your own pathway to excellence via our Freedom to Grow initiative.
AECOM is known for our award-winning technical excellence, leading-edge science and innovative project delivery. We provide sustainable solutions for some of the world’s most challenging issues. Our global clients and their projects are diverse and interesting. They span market sectors and geographies and require innovative technical solutions to solve wide-ranging environmental problems within diverse community profiles.
AECOM’s Sustainable Legacies program describes our approach to the environment, social equity and governance (ESG.) We embed sustainability throughout our business and help clients embed sustainable practices into their work. We help clients reduce their impact on the environment, achieve compliance and reduce risks.
- BA/BS Degree in Architecture, History, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Previous Architectural Historian experience in historic research, field inventories, and evaluation assessments pursuant to the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA) Section 106 and Section 110 and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) compliance.
- Meet Secretary of the Interior’s professional qualification standards for work in history and architectural history.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a project team and a fast-paced environment.
- Sponsorship is not offered for this position.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
The salary range is: $55K-96K per year based on experience.