At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
AECOM is seeking an experienced Mid/Senior Archaeologist to join our Cincinnati, OH team.
Mid/Senior Archaeologist responsibilities include:
· Oversight of junior staff
· Coordination with federal and state agencies, including regional SHPOs
· Direction and management of archaeological fieldwork, site recordation, technical reporting, artifact analysis
· Supervision of field directors and team leads
· Technical writing in support of Phase I and II project work
· Proposal preparation and support
· Working with approved budgets and scopes of work
About AECOM’s Environment Business Line
Join AECOM to be part of an expert global team who is connected through a well-developed, worldwide, internal technical practice network through which you can learn from and brainstorm with the best in the world. AECOM is an industry-leading, world class environmental firm, and we want you to succeed within it. We respect and encourage your own pathway to excellence via our Freedom to Grow initiative.
AECOM is known for our award-winning technical excellence, leading-edge science and innovative project delivery. We provide sustainable solutions for some of the world’s most challenging issues. Our global clients and their projects are diverse and interesting. They span market sectors and geographies and require innovative technical solutions to solve wide-ranging environmental problems within diverse community profiles.
AECOM’s Sustainable Legacies program describes our approach to the environment, social equity and governance (ESG.) We embed sustainability throughout our business and help clients embed sustainable practices into their work. We help clients reduce their impact on the environment, achieve compliance and reduce risks.
· BS Degree in Archaeology, Anthropology or related field.
· A minimum of 6 years of prior and recent experience as a mid to Senior Archeologist.
· Out of state travel will be required on an as needed basis.
· Valid U.S. Driver’s license is required.
· MS Degree in Archaeology, Anthropology or related field.
· Experience with either precontact or historic archaeological analysis and practices in the Midwestern United States (preference for precontact specialists).
· Experience with various regional, state, and federal cultural resource management regulations, including a good working knowledge of NEPA and Section 106.
· Excellent technical writing and communication.
· Ability to work in a professional environment and as part of a team.
· Candidates must be U.S. Citizens
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
Salary range is $61,000 – $110,000K per year.