Temporary Archaeological Field Technicians
Cultural Resources · Utah
Logan Simpson is an award-winning, multidisciplinary consulting firm that specializes in environmental consulting, cultural resource management, community planning, and landscape architecture design services. Our goal remains simple: to help guide responsible change. From the beginning, our founders were focused on protecting natural resources and advancing the wellbeing of our communities.
Logan Simpson has an immediate opening for Temporary Archaeological Field Technicians for survey projects in Utah (with the possibility of working in Nevada and other surrounding states), reporting to our Salt Lake City office.
This position is paid on an hourly basis between $20 – $23 per hour, depending on experience and education. Logan Simpson also offers a retention bonus program for eligible temporary staff.
- Participating in pedestrian archaeological surveys as a crew member, under the supervision of a field director or crew lead, throughout the Great Basin.
- Completed or in-progress Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Anthropology or closely related field, or equivalent experience.
- Education and/or experience in the Great Basin or Southwest.
- Ability to identify archaeological artifacts and features.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme temperatures and in remote locations (camping is a possibility).
- Ability to walk up to 10 miles per day over steep terrain for extended periods of time.
- Willingness to work field sessions up to 8 days in a row.
- The ability to work out-of-town.
- Proficiency with electronic devices such as smart phones and tablets for digital data collection (iOS operating system experience a plus).
- Ability to work cooperatively with crew members and supervisors is a must.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions from vaccination may be considered for medical reasons or for a sincerely held religious belief.
- Residence in Utah.
- Archaeological experience in the Great Basin or Southwest.
- Completion of an accredited field school (field school is not required due to the cancellations of many field schools because of COVID-19).
If interested, please apply and attach a resume and a cover letter.
Diversity, inclusion, and respect are at the core of our values. Here at Logan Simpson, we believe we have a responsibility as a firm to promote and guide responsible change. To do that, we embrace the unique perspectives and experiences of each of our talented staff members. We strive to create an inclusive workplace to connect us closer to our clients and the communities we serve.
Logan Simpson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. No staff member or applicant is ever denied equal opportunity or discriminated against because of race (including hair style), color, religion (includes religious dress and grooming practices), sex, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, parental status, sexual orientation, marital status, political affiliation or belief, military or veteran status, or any other prohibited factor, including equal pay for staff members who perform equal work. Staff members are recruited, hired, and promoted based on the individual who is the most qualified for that particular position.