Bishop & Company is recruiting for a Project Director to work on O’ahu in Hawai’i with oversight of multiple projects. This is a direct hire role with excellent benefits including paid employee health plan, retirement and parental leave.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Seeking a full-time, Project Director, to support work in Hawai‘i and the greater Pacific.
- The position is classified as Exempt and will be based in our Honolulu office.
- The primary day-to-day responsibilities will be directing and providing oversight for multiple archaeological projects simultaneously, corresponding with clients, overseeing field staff, managing project data, coordinating laboratory analysis, and report writing.
- Serve as the lead or secondary author on archaeological reports.
- A good sense of organization, problem-solving abilities, interpersonal skills, a strong determination to maintain project schedules, and a willingness to work as part of a team.
- Frequent travel and work outdoors to conduct fieldwork or site visits, supervise archaeology crews, and assist with on-site training of field staff. Fieldwork often requires heavy physical work, sometimes on rugged terrain, and exposure to dirt, heat, and/or loud construction noises.
- Project work primarily on O‘ahu, though working on other Hawaiian Islands and in other parts of the Pacific is required.
Required Education and Experience
- A graduate degree with specialization in archaeology or in a related field
- A minimum of two years of project management and CRM experience required. Pacific Islands or Asian archaeology experience and bioarcheological experience will be viewed favorably.
- Must have a valid U.S. passport and U.S. REAL ID driver’s license and must be able to pass a background check for access to military installations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe software, and digital field technologies (e.g., tablet and GPS)
Compensation and Benefits
- The annual starting salary range is $70,000 to $80,000 commensurate with position and experience of the applicant.
- Round-trip airfare and partial relocation compensation provided for an off island hire.
- Exceptional PPO healthcare plan. 100% premium covered by employer, 10-20% coinsurance, Vision included, and Active & Fit discounts.
- Dental insurance.
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and federal holidays.
- Retirement plan with employer matching.
- Flexible schedule and opportunity for hybrid in-office and remote work from home
- Paid parental leave program after one year of employment.
- Financial support for conferences, training, and independent research to invest in the professional development of our staff.
- Relocation assistance and temporary housing and car allowance available.
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii. We charge no fees to candidates and our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org Bishop & Company Phone: 808-839-2200
Website: http://www.bishopco.net/ Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran