Heritage Consultants, LLC is seeking permanent, full-time Crew Chiefs based out of our Newington, Connecticut office. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting archaeological undertakings of all types and sizes from planning through report completion. The applicant must be a self-starter and have strong organizational, verbal, and writing skills; the ability to work as part of a larger team; and broad experience in all phases of archaeological investigations from Phase IA assessment surveys to Phase III data recovery efforts.
We encourage you to visit our website at www.heritage-consultants.com to learn more about our company. We are a mid-sized firm that prides itself on quality work for a diverse clientele throughout the greater New England and New York area. Our staff are a dedicated historic preservation professionals that enjoy and take provide in the work we complete on behalf of our many clients. We are looking to expand our team and include someone that shares this dedication to and passion for cultural resources management.
· Working closely with Management and Operations Personnel to plan and execute projects within project scoping, timelines, and budgets;
· Coordination and communication with Field Archaeologists;
· Organizing and directing field crews and other staff assigned to projects;
· Training new archaeological staff in appropriate field techniques, archaeological best practices, and other duties, as appropriate.
· Bachelor’s degree in anthropology/archaeology;
· A minimum of 2 years of full-time experience in cultural resources management;
· At least one year of crew chief level experience in cultural resources management;
· In-depth understanding of archaeological field methods for all phases of work;
· Experience in using GPS equipment for field recordation, as well as all other field equipment;
· Ability to work outdoors in variable temperatures and in weather that may include rain or snow; ability hike difficult terrain while carrying field equipment;
· Possession of a valid U.S. driver’s license
Salary for this position starts at $22/hr and may increase dependent upon experience. Heritage Consultants, LLC offers group medical, dental, and vision insurance; vacation time, personal leave, paid holidays, and a 401k plan. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to David George at email@example.com.